Monday, December 3, 2012

CLOSING of the FREE ART project will be at #365!

Unfortunately due to a lacking in financing I just cannot continue the free art a day project. Once I hit 365 (a full year's worth of pieces, mailed out in less than a year's time) I will be shutting it down. That's not to say you can't still buy art off me or commission me to make you a piece you want, I just can no longer offer them shipped 100% free anymore. Sorry to everyone who didn't get one and congrats to those who did.

Because people don't believe that I haven't received much in donations I decided to tally up what I've spent so far and how much I received.

Donations I received in total (before paypal fees) $278.83
Amount I spent this year in art supplies, postage, packaging, gas etc to get the project done: $1437.93

Amount I lost doing the project $1159.10, that's not to say I did not enjoy the project or love when someone actually contacted me back thanking me for their piece, that was the best part. I was very much hoping to end up on the positive end of things but it just did not happen. I think it says a lot about our society and how everyone wants something for free but most won't bother to even give a thanks to the people who have put in a lot of hard work (and probably their own money) into getting you that free thing. Lesson: Gratefulness, it may not seem like much for me to send you out a small painting or drawing, but it did cost my time, my money, the effort etc. The next time you get something for doing nothing maybe take a moment and thank someone for it, the world would be a much better place if everyone were more grateful. And in case you were wondering, out of the 304 pieces I've sent out I received only 47 responses or thank yous. That's 257 people who didn't even bother to email me a thank you. I'm very grateful for those of you who did, you guys are amazing and I hope to continue corresponding with you in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment